Firefighters responded at 9:37 a.m. Tuesday, to an employee report of a business fire at the Queen of Hearts Antiques & Interiors, located in the 4125 block of Buford Drive, in Buford. The caller to 9-1-1 was the store manager who reported a loud popping sound and smoke inside the business.
Gwinnett County Firefighters arrived to find moderate smoke inside the large retail structure and a smoldering fire in the back-right corner.
The fire was being controlled by the sprinkler system and was quickly extinguished by first-due crews with water-cans.
Firefighters conducted a primary search of the building and worked to clear smoke from the interior. According to the fire investigator, the fire appears to have been accidental and erupted from a neon light display that ignited nearby combustibles.
There was minor fire damage to contents in the area where the fire originated and smoke and water throughout part of the business. The store was evacuated when firefighters and police arrived and no injuries were reported.