Recent heavy rain and flooding have caused several road closures in Lowndes County. According to the Lowndes Engineering Dept., emergency road closures are in effect for the following roads:
– Kinderlou Clyattville Road from Old Clyattville Road to Stacks Road
– Old Lake Park Road from Ben Hill Road to McMullen Estate
– Martin Lane from Old Quitman Road to the Dead End
– Horace Avenue from Madison Hwy to Poole Street
– Fender Road from 4063 Fender Road to 3914 Fender Road
– Carter Way from Old Quitman Road to the Dead End
The roads will remain closed until the water recedes and crews are able to assess the damage and make repairs to the roads. The engineering department is asking motorists to use caution when traveling around this area. For further information, contact the Lowndes County Engineering Dept. at 229-671-2424.