SAVANNAH — The City of Savannah will hold two public meetings on Thursday, April 18 at 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Mason Room at the Savannah Civic Center to discuss updating the Alcoholic Beverages Ordinance and the Alcohol Density Overlay District Ordinance.
Participants will be asked to provide feedback on the following items:
- Defining convenience stores
- Establishing distance requirements between convenience stores
- Strengthening alcohol permitting for temporary events
- Eliminating alcohol beverage license transfers
- Requiring the submittal of security plans for all license classifications
- Referencing responsible parties, including doormen
- Defining leasable retail area in Alcohol Density Overlay District
An additional ordinance is also being explored which addresses additional regulations for gaming machines which will also be discussed at the public meeting. Results of the alcohol survey which was open to the public for the last month will also be shared during this meeting.
Up-to-date information on the process can be found at http://www.savannahga.gov/2388/Alcohol-Ordinance-Updates. Questions about the ordinance should be directed to email@example.com or 912-525-3097.